When you contact 1+1 Cares in Saratoga, California, we provide recommendations for the best in-home caregiver services for your aging loved one. We connect you with the best local caregivers right here in your community who can meet your unique needs. Every caregiver we refer meets our high standards and has the skills and experience to care for your senior family members. 1+1 Cares about you.
Families in Saratoga have the same question as families across the country: How can I keep my aging family member safe yet active amidst the COVID-19 pandemic? Luckily, Saratoga offers more resources than other areas. Below, we share a few Saratoga-specific ways that a qualified caregiver referred by 1+1 Cares can help your loved one stay safe and engaged.
While much remains unknown about COVID-19, we do know one thing. Older adults and people with serious chronic medical conditions are at a higher risk of getting sick. For other timely information, the Saratoga government website (and the Santa Clara County Public Health Department) is a good source of information on local COVID-related updates.
Attend a Saratoga-Based Virtual Event Together
Many older family members have limited experience and access to the technologies and platforms that allow virtual connections with others. Amidst the pandemic, local groups in Saratoga have been quick to transform their programs and events into virtual offerings. A qualified caregiver can help your family member take part in these special events. For example, a caregiver can help your loved one create a Zoom account from the safety and comfort of their home. Digital events open up the world to your family member, enabling them to connect with others around shared topics of interest.
Here’s just a few of the special virtual events your in-home caregiver can attend in the Saratoga area. With the help and companionship of a qualified caregiver from 1+1 Cares, they can:
- Stay up to date on COVID-19. The Santa Clara County Supervisor Joe Simitian, Congresswoman Anna Eshoo, and County Public Health Officer Dr. Sara Cody discuss the status of COVID-19 in a local context. The next event takes place Sunday, November 15 at 11 AM. Register here.
- Partake in “living room conversations” sponsored by the City of Saratoga. Join your neighbors for respectful speaking and listening. The community is welcome to join to engage on topics that are important to everyone. The conversations take place the first Tuesday of every month at 7 PM. Learn more here.
- Learn new skills and explore the arts. Is your loved one a fan of music, culture, or theater? Caregivers can help your family member transform from an audience member to a participant with virtual theatre classes. The Los Gatos Youth Theatre hosts virtual education sessions this fall. Topics range from monologues to special effects to casting auditions. There’s something for everyone! Visit the Los Gatos Youth Theatre site for more information.
- Get engaged in the local community. SASCC Talks connects community leaders and influential figures with local audiences to inspire meaningful dialogue. With assistance from a caregiver, your loved one can tune in to stay connected and promote a more informed community. Each month features interesting speakers, like Petri Hawkins-Byrd, co-star of the hit show Judge Judy. Or Laurie Smith, the Santa Clara County Sheriff. Visit SASCC.org for details.
Seniors on the Move: Stay Active in Saratoga
Another way to engage your loved one is with physical activity, especially virtual activities or those that allow for social distancing. Here are a few ideas:
- Find peace and tranquility at Hakone Estate and Gardens. Hakone is 100 years old. It’s also one of the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s premier sites. Hakone re-opened to the public in May. The picnic area is closed but your family member can still stroll around the beautiful grounds and gardens. Or simply breathe and take it all in from the comfort of a bench or sitting area. And they can do so while maintaining a safe social distance from others. Learn more and plan a visit here.
- Attend a virtual exercise class. Cindy Teerlink’s popular exercise class with the Saratoga Senior Center is now taught virtually! Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 10 AM, join Cindy and others for fun and fitness set to familiar music. Visit the Saratoga Senior Center to learn more.
- Get spooky with a scarecrow contest. Let your loved one be a kid again! Community members are encouraged to build a homemade scarecrow and display it in their yard. A qualified caregiver can help your loved one put it together. Then, send a photo to email@example.com to enter your spooky or funny creation into the Saratoga Scarecrows contest. Who knows, your loved one could win a $100 gift card or a gift basket! It’s a great way to stay active, get creative, and connect with other families in the community. Learn more here.
Plan a Special Saratoga Outing with Your In-Home Caregiver
Qualified caregivers from 1+1 Cares can help your loved one travel to special destinations for short day visits or special treats. Here’s a few ideas:
- Shop or dine downtown. The historic downtown district, the Village, is filled with special shops and dining experiences. Support local business and stay active with a stroll through the Village alongside your 1+1 Cares caregiver. Right now, indoor dining in Saratoga is allowed at 25% capacity. Indoor museums and zoos are at 50% capacity.
- Unleash creativity. The park is now open at the Montalvo Arts Center. Help your loved one find their muse. They can explore everything from a 1912 Mediterranean-style Villa and its formal gardens to the historic Claire Loftus Carriage House Theatre. More physically active seniors can also stroll through 175 acres of trails through redwood trees. Montalvo also offers virtual arts conversations! Learn more and plan a visit here.
- Treat your loved one to something special. Is there an upcoming birthday or anniversary? Why not treat your family member to a special in-home service from a visiting stylist or aesthetician? With a caregiver by their side, arranging in-home services for pedicure, massage, or hair service is now in reach.
Why Hire an In-Home Caregiver?
Lower the stress of caring for your senior family member with help from a professional caregiver referred by 1+1 Cares. Enjoy regular routines and rest assured knowing your loved one is in good hands.
Since 2007, our mission has been to make high-quality, affordable care accessible. We provide meaningful impact for the people who need assistance, the families who love them, and the caregivers who perform these critical services. At 1+1 Cares, our goal is to make this process easy and affordable. Referring you to a qualified caregiver is our way to relieve some of your stress and uncertainty.
At 1+1 Cares, we’ve got you covered. We have a large and competitive pool of qualified caregivers. Which means you’ll not only connect with the ideal person but you’ll also have options for backup caregivers at your service. This is important should your main caregiver(s) become unavailable.
We find that checklists are a welcome tool to help families navigate the caregiving process. As you seek a qualified, caring caregiver in Saratoga, keep these six considerations in mind:
- Identify the Level of Care You Need: Some families will need just a little help, such as routine in-home visits or à la carte concierge services. Other families may need a bit more help, such as Live-in Care or 24-hour Care.
- Understand Your Agency Options (and Avoid Common Pitfalls): The best option is to work with an established agency. Stand-alone or private caregivers often lack even the most basic protections, such as identity verification.
- Ask a Lot of Questions about Home Care Services and Rates. A Lot! Our costs are typically 30 percent less than traditional in-home care agencies.
- Seek Flexible Caregiving Options with No Minimum Hours: Don’t put yourself in a situation where you end up paying for more caregiving services than you actually require.
- Does the Caregiver Have Liability Insurance? Does your caregiver carry the liability insurance you need to protect yourself and your family? Not all agencies offer this, especially if you go with a stand-alone or private-found care provider.
- Plan for a Backup Caregiver: We don’t want you to find yourself in a situation where you need to adjust your personal time because you have no coverage for your mom, dad, or grandparent. It’s an avoidable dilemma—if you pick the right agency.
We hope these six checklist items help you navigate the caregiver selection process in Saratoga. 1+1 Cares is proud to check the box on every one of these items. But even if you don’t end up going with us, we hope that you’ll take these considerations into account. Following these considerations will help protect you and your aging loved one. It will also ensure an ideal match for your family in your community. For more, please reach out today to schedule a call!
Give Care in Saratoga, CA
1+1 Cares is seeking talented and caring individuals to provide quality senior home care in Saratoga. If you want to pursue a new career or simply earn additional income helping local families, please sign up to give care today with 1+1 Cares.